Mercedes Isabel Velarde Fine Jewelry & Art
Original Latin American jewelry designs inspired by mixing romantic peasant creativity with exotic touches from Spain, France, China and other ancient trading partners of Latin America. The tender hand detailing makes each piece a part of history that transcends fashion. They are beautiful and wearable whether one’s style is traditional or contemporary. Color, according to Indigenous belief in North and South America, is necessary to heal the soul on it’s journey from birth to rebirth.Combinations of vibrant vintage glass, semi-precious stones and pearls, are used, depending on the mood and aesthetics of the silversmiths, The artists are patient and skillful, using very old traditional methods.
Abstract paintings & drawings by artist Mercedes Isabel Velarde. Mercedes Isabel Velarde works with nature, although in completely new terms. For her nature is not landscape, but the dynamism of visual forces. She paints work that is protean in nature, allowing her to be more liquid in her drawing and expressing of curvilinear forms that are uniquely her own.
- One of a kind Ceremonial Medicine Bags by Mercedes Isabel Velarde.
- Beautiful & profound museum works of art displayed in art plexiglass cases.
- Handmade esoteric church candles from Teotitlan Del Valle, Oaxaca.
- Authentic hand embroidered blouses from Chiapas, Mexico.
- Original and Select pieces. Always the Unusual.